How do I edit item information for a group of records (Item Group Editor)?
The Item Group Editor allows you to change information in a specific field or fields for multiple item records. For example, you might use the Item Group Editor to change the Collection code for a group of books that you want to move from your New Books shelf to the shelves where you keep your Fiction.
Below, are basic instructions on how you can use the Item Group Editor to change a field (or group of fields) for multiple item records. For more advanced use of the Editor, please see the Cataloging User's Guide
- On the Navigation Bar in Horizon, double-click on the Administration folder.
- Next, double-click on the Group Editor Menu.
- Now, double-click on the Item Group Editor.
- You should see a Compound Search Window that you can use to identify the group of items that you will edit. Click on the Append List box so that it is checked. This is very important!
- With the Barcode index highlighted, begin scanning the barcodes of the items to be edited. As you scan barcodes, item information for each piece of material scanned will appear in the window behind the search window.
- When you have finished scanning the items in your group, close the Compound Search window by clicking on the "x."
- You should now see the window listing each of the items. Select all of the items (Control + A)
- All of the items should now be highlighted. Now, click the Edit button at the bottom of the window.
- A window will appear asking if you want to make a batch change to all selected records. Click on OK.
- Horizon displays an Item Group Editor window. Enter any information that you want to change for all selected items in the group. For instance if you want all of the items to have a Collection code called "fic," enter that code in the Collection field. You can make changes to a number of other item fields including Location and iType.
- Click Save.
- Click Close.
- You should now see the list of items with the changes that you have made.
Return to FAQ
Last Updated: 2011-09-01 16:18:35