REQUEST TO DESIGN
A SPECIAL TRACK
Policies for Special Track
- A special track is appropriate when the individual's career
development needs cannot be met by an existing track.
- Except for compelling circumstances, a special track should be
approved by the CLIME committee at least one year prior to completion of the
Procedure for Requesting a Special Track
- Consult with an advisor (supervisor, mentor, professional
colleague) about the feasibility/appropriateness of the Special Track.
- Draft a proposal for a plan that identifies the needed competencies after consultation with advisor
and an expert in the subject area covered by the track.
- Ask your advisor to submit a letter of support for the Special
Track to the CLIME Committee.
- Develop a statement of purpose for the Special Track. Explain
in writing on separate paper:
- Why you believe this Special Track will meet your present and
future career goals; and
- Submit the signed proposal and list of competencies
- Submit the signed proposal with statement of purpose and list
of competencies to the CLIME Committee for final approval.
- Resubmit any departure from the approved Special Track to the
CLIME Committee for approval.
Expected date of completion
Title of the Special Track
Competencies in the Special Track
Approval of this Proposal
(Advisor: Please submit letter of support for this proposal
confirming the Special Track is based on career needs.)
Chair, CLIME Committee signature
Back to Index | Previous Page | Next Page