When you think you have the question clearly in mind and are ready to search for the answer,
Check one last time before searching to verify you have the patron's real question.
- So, what you specifically want to know is the population of Minnesota in 2000. Is that right?
- What you really need is a recipe for tomato sauce to serve 400 people, right?
- Am I correct that you are looking for a distributor of ball bearings in Homer, Alaska?
- So then, you need three or four articles on the Depression for your term paper due on March 1. Is that what you need?
- What you are specifically looking for, then, is the Asian/Pacific Islander population broken down by sex of the United States at the last census. Right?
This last check insures that you and the patron understand what you will be searching for.
Go to The follow-up question.
Back to Model reference behaviors.
Back to Table of contents.
Back to MORE Home Page.
This page was last updated on April 28, 2003.