Vehicle Repair Question Worksheet
- TYPE OF VEHICLE: auto? truck? motorcycle? tractor? outboard motor?
- THE VEHICLE: The year, manufacturer and model number. (Serial numbers can be helpful for identification when the model number or year is not known).
- ENGINE: The engine model number (as opposed to the serial number). The size engine.
- HORSEPOWER (If the engine is a boat motor):
- CYLINDERS: The number of cylinders and size of the engine: For example: 6-243
- TONNAGE (if the vehicle is a truck):
- STYLING: (If the vehicle is a truck: pickup, van, light duty, heavy duty).
- TRANSMISSION: manual or automatic, 3, 4 or 5-speed.
- ORIGINAL? Indicate if the item to be repaired is original equipment or not.
- REPAIR INFORMATION WANTED: The exact repair information wanted. It's important to be as specific as possible since the majority of automobile shop manuals (the manuals specific to a make and year) do not circulate, so photocopies will often be sent.
Go to How-to-do-it Question Worksheet.
Return to Automobile Service Manuals.
Back to Reference Interview Practice Questions.
Back to Legal Question Worksheet.
Back to Table of Contents.
This page was last updated on December 3, 2003l.