Antiques and Collectibles Question Worksheet
- WHAT IS IT? Describe the item as completely as possible.
- DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S CALLED? For example: a reamer, an asparagus fork.
- WHAT WAS IT USED FOR? A carpentry tool? A blacksmithing tool?
- WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE MANUFACTURER? THE NAME OF THE PATTERN?
- AGE: What is the best estimate of the age?
- SOURCE: Where did it come from? Where was it purchased?
- WHAT IS IT MADE OF? Silver? Pewter?
- MARKINGS: Give all the markings, numbers, logos that appear. Check inside, underneath, under drawers, on the back.
- HOW BIG IS IT?
- WHAT COLOR IS IT?
- WHAT IS WANTED? ____ Background ____ Value ____ How to Restore?
- INCLUDE WHENEVER POSSIBLE A PHOTOGRAPH OR DRAWING.
A photocopy (to give shape and size) often helps. A rubbing can help with marks.
Go to Groups and Associations Question Worksheet.
Back to Art Question Worksheet.
Back to Table of Contents.
This page was updated December 2, 2003.